There are few things worse than having a bad contracting experience – especially if the job involves the appearance of your business or commercial property. When choosing a painting company to handle a large commercial job, it is important to weigh several different factors to avoid a potential catastrophe and ensure you receive the highest quality work and service. Unfortunately, given the multitude of differently priced bids you will likely to receive, it can be difficult to figure out who to trust.
To help you separate professional painters from the ones you should stay away from, be sure to ask each candidate the following questions:
- Are you insured? – Painting contractors should possess two types of insurance: comprehensive business liability insurance and workers’ compensation coverage. The last thing you need in the event of an accident or damage to your property is to find out that the painter lacks the proper coverage and is holding you responsible. You have a right to confirm a contractor’s insurance before you hire them.
- Do you use employees or sub-contractors? – Many painting companies choose to hire sub-contractors for a flat fee rather than hire employees in order to lower costs. Unfortunately, sub-contractors tend to be unskilled and unprofessional, leading to shoddy work. Choosing a company which invests in its employees and provides the necessary training will usually yield better results and reduce accidents and mishaps.
- How long have you been in business? – While experience does not always equate to quality, painting companies that have stood the test of time and established a solid reputation with local clients tend to be far more trustworthy. Since many painters get most of their work from referrals, it is usually a good idea to choose a painter with a good standing within the community and an established history of happy customers.
- What kind of materials do you use? – The quality of materials used on your project, as well as using the right paint for each type of surface, will have a direct impact on how it looks and how long it lasts. If your painter elects to use low-quality paints, your paint will likely begin to fade and peel after just a few short years. Likewise, cutting corners on paint and primer is often an indicator that a painting contractor will cut corners elsewhere, too.
- Do you offer a warranty? – A good painting company is one that is willing to stand by their work and guarantee their customers’ satisfaction. Many sneaky painting contractors attempt to lure in unsuspecting customers by offering an unrealistically long warranty, only to go out of business long before the warranties expire. A good painting company should offer a warranty around four years and have a concrete system for honoring warranty claims when they arise.
Trusted Commercial Painters in San Jose
At The Painting Pros, Inc., our award-winning San Jose commercial painters have been providing premier-quality exterior and interior painting services for businesses throughout the Silicon Valley since 1978. Having earned a reputation as one of the region’s top painting companies for our excellent customer service and five-year warranty on all external paint jobs, our team can provide the beautiful and long-lasting workmanship you need at a fair price. Most importantly, having earned a designation as a “Lead Safe Certified Firm” with the EPA and an A+ Rating from the Better Business Bureau, you can choose us with confidence knowing that the job will be done right the first time around – no exceptions.
Call (408) 805-3372 or request a free quote online today to get started!